Monday, August 13, 2012

Paul Ryan's favorite band is Rage Against the Machine?

I heard that strange bit of trivia on NPR on the way home from work tonight and I confirmed it with a couple of links online. And, what do you know, this group of radical leftists from the city of Los Angeles even played at the Republican National Convention in 2008 ... or outside the convention ... or actually they were prevented from taking the stage by the police, so Tom Morello played his classic guitar riffs with his mouth and the crowd sang along.  I'm sure that, as a fan, Paul Ryan will enjoy singing along with Zach de la Rocha and Rage Against the Machine while watching this video:


And, in case he's forgotten, here are the lyrics of the final lines of  "Killing in the Name" so Paul can sing along with the crowd and his favorite band at the end of this video:
Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me! 
Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me! 
Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!
Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!  Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!   
I've said it before in relation to Chris Christie and Bruce Springsteen, but in this case it's even more stunningly perplexing: Don't Republicans realize that songs have words?

No comments: