Friday, March 25, 2016

Birdie Sanders

On a day in which the internet was aflame with the National Enquirer's #CruzSexScandal and Donald Trump's relentless misogyny, I got home from work to find this video from today's Bernie Sanders rally in Portland, Oregon.


"I think...I think there may be some symbolism here.
I know it doesn't look like it,
but that bird is really a dove
asking us for world peace. No more wars."
-- Bernie Sanders, 25 March 2016

While Bernie Sanders gives the little avian attention hog a loving smile, I can't help picturing Donald Trump flinching backward and letting one of his bald goons "take care" of the little feathered creature. That, of course, would never happen. Birds are far from stupid. Birds know kind people and they know to give the unkind a wide berth.

No comments: