Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I'm With Her

I was almost ready to type this headline last week after Hillary Clinton won in New York (despite my enthusiastic vote for Bernie Sanders), but with her wins tonight in Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Delaware, my first choice for president in 2016 does not have a path to the nomination, despite taking Rhode Island tonight (and keeping Connecticut close as I write this). It's also clear that Donald Trump, after easily sweeping all five Republican primaries tonight, will be the GOP nominee. Beating someone as dangerously xenophobic, egotistic, bombastic, and simplistic as Donald Trump is too important this year. And Hillary Clinton's supporters lined up behind my first choice Barack Obama in 2008, so it's time for me to return the favor.

I've been a vocal supporter of Bernie Sanders on this blog and at @TrueBlueLiberal on Twitter since he announced his candidacy last May; I changed my registration to Democrat immediately, and contributed to his campaign, and voted for him in New York last Tuesday, but now I'm With Her until November.

No comments: